Embers Camping is opening a new site in Kent for the 2021 season, expanding its choice of picturesque countryside locations across Southern England.
Embers Knowlton is the seventh Embers campsite to open, and will open to guests on 11th June, 2021. The 60 acre site is set in beautiful parkland with large oak trees on the Knowlton Court Estate, with stunning views of the Kent countryside.
Located just 10 miles from the Kent coast, there are plenty of local activities to discover. Guests can explore the historic town of Sandwich, choose from miles of sandy beaches and channel their inner adventurer at local animal and safari parks, to name but a few.
Campers will experience the best outdoor comforts that are the hallmark of all Embers’ sites. These include washroom facilities with piping hot shower cubicles, rustic outside basins, and flushing loos. Embers Knowlton will also offer pizzas and burgers cooked on site in a woodfired oven, an onsite shop serving barista-made coffees and host of useful camping essentials, and fire baskets at each pitch.
It joins a popular range of Embers sites, the first of which opened in 2013. Its campsites now stretch across Buckinghamshire, East and West Sussex, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, and Surrey.
Embers has frozen prices from 2020. The 2021 price for a family of four for a two-night (Friday – Sunday) camping break at Embers Knowlton starts from just £120. For reservations, visit emberscamping.co.uk or call 0345 257 2267.
For 2021, Embers will be introducing new menus at its sites. These will now include burgers and hot dogs alongside its longstanding and popular range of pizzas, and a wider choice of healthy dishes. Many of these will be made using produce from local providers.
In addition to being set in beautiful countryside locations, all of Embers sites are close to a wide choice of local activities. These include:
- Bentley – hike the South Downs Way, and visit the south coast beaches, and tree adventures next door at Branching Out
- Claydon – visit the National Trust Claydon House and Gardens, tearooms and small shops on a working 5,000 acre estate
- Henley – paddle board or kayak from the campsite, walks along the beautiful River Thames, the charming town of Henley and its annual rowing regatta
- Knowlton – miles of sandy beaches just 10 miles drive away, along with animal adventures at Howletts Wild Animal Park and Wingham Wildlife Park, and stunning views from the White Cliffs of Dover
- Polesden Lacey – visit the National Trust Polesden Lacey estate with its stunning house and gardens, and explore 1,400 acres of woodland trails from the campsite
- Pylewell – sea views, swim and kayak in the Beaulieu River, and ride, walk and bike in the New Forest
- Turners Hill – nearby archery and forest trails, cycle the Worth Way, visit Selfields Common National Trust, Standen House & Garden National Trust and the amazing Weir Woods Reservoir.
All of Embers’ campsites are in clean, safe and natural settings, with operations which are 95% sustainable. Water is heated with Solar PV, there is no single use plastic onsite, all waste is recycled and compostable coffee cups are used.
Additional Covid-19 health and safety measures will be in place this season including drive through check-ins, 2m apart markers with hand sanitiser stations located in higher traffic areas, frequent deep cleans throughout the day. Each site’s layout and the generous pitch sizes make social distancing easy. Each tent pitch is marked out and a queuing system is in place outside public areas.